How to do a Speed Test on a Business (FTTB) connection
To check the performance of your line do the following:
For an accurate test be aware of the following:
- Connect a computer directly to the router via cable.
- Go to https://speedtest.net.
- Select the Cool Ideas server by clicking on Change Server.
- Start the speed test by clicking Go.
- When complete, screen shot the result showing the computers cable connection to the router.
Send the screen shot through to email@example.com from the account holders email address.
- To screenshot, please search your computer for 'Snipping Tool' or 'Snip and Sketch' or alternatively use the shortcut of 'Windows + Shift + S'.
- Any other traffic on the line at the time of the test will detract from the result, it is best to test with only one computer on the network.
- Never test via Wi-Fi.
- Have as few programs running on the computer as possible.