The following document is a step-by-step instruction list for the Gigaset A510 cordless VOIP
cordless with a Cool Ideas VOIP account.First things first
In order to make changes access your Gigaset phone, you need to be able to log in to the web interface using your browser.
To do this you need to obtain the IP address of the base station (the black box that is plugged into your router).
You can get this information from your handset by selecting:Menu
→ Local Network
→ Enter your system pin
(the default is 0000).
Please then take note of number listed under IP Address, removing any leading
e.g. if the display reads 192.168.001.086, note down
192.168.1.86. This is the address you will need to type into a web
browser to access the web interface of the Gigaset.
Once phone is plugged into the network and you've located the IP address and entered it
into your web browser, the following screen will display you will need to enter “0000” as
the default password and click OK
Click OK on the Security Advice screen.
Now that you are logged in, proceed to the Settings
- Then select the Connections option on the left hand side of the screen.
Once you click Edit
in line with your phone line. Your first phone will be IP1 and should be configured first.
If you have multiple extensions, you can then proceed to IP2, etc.
- Enter the details given to your by our VOIP or Support department (if you do not have these details, please be sure to mail us here from the account holder's email address to request them).
They should be as follows:
- Connection name or number: *Your 7-digit telephone username* e.g. 1234567
- Authentication name: *Your 7-digit telephone username* e.g. 1234567
- Authentication Password: *Your telephone password*
- Username: *Your 7-digit telephone username* e.g. 1234567
- Display name: *Your 7-digit telephone username* e.g. 1234567
Scroll down and select Show advanced settings
and enter in the below details.- Domain: sip.telviva.com- Proxy server address: sip.telviva.com
- Registration server:
sip.telviva.com- Outbound server address:
- Once done, click on the Set button.
We now need to set the correct codecs for your phone; proceed to the left hand options pane and
select Audio, remove all codec except for “G.722” and “G.729”.
- This can be done using the Add, and Remove buttons to make sure G.722 and G.729 are both in the selected codecs box as per the example below.