Dear Cool Customer,
We are pleased to announce that we are offering you double your normal internet speed in partnership with Vumatel, in a bid to provide support to our fellow South Africans who will be working from and staying at home during this trying period.
How it works
From the 1st of April 2020
most line speeds will be upgraded to the next higher package, for free, in a rolling upgrade process controlled by Vumatel. They expect all upgrades to be complete by the 6th of April 2020. You can view updates as to the rollout progress at https://cisp.co.za/promotions
at the bottom of the page.
For example, if you are currently on a 20/2Mbps service then as of 1st April 2020 the service will automatically be upgraded to the 50/5Mbps service for a period of 3 months. If you are on 20/20Mbps then you will be upgraded to 50/50Mbps and so forth.
We believe that this will assist with the higher internet demand families face during this period when adults work from home, and the kids are busy streaming movies.
After the 30th of June 2020
the line will be switched back to your original speeds.
This has been made possible by a close partnership with Vumatel who have offered this facility to Cool Ideas. We have ensured that we have enough capacity to deal with the heightened demand whilst the nation is on lockdown. Our operations continue as normal, with our support staff now also working from home.
Some fine print
- Older routers: if you are on 100Mbps package you will be upgraded to the 200Mbps service, however your router may not be able to accommodate the additional speed due to a limitation on its WAN port. In this case, we will provide you with the option to purchase a router that is compatible with faster than 100Mbps speeds. The router will be couriered to you at a fee, and you can make the purchase from our website by following this link. Alternatively, you can make use of your own router.
- If you give notice to downgrade your service any time from 25 March 2020, you will not be offered the doubled speeds and the speed you downgraded to will apply.
- This offer applies only to existing customers. We will make further announcements regarding new installations.
- This offer applies only to FTTH (Home) customers, not business customers.
- Customers with existing 200/200Mbps and 1Gbps services will not be upgraded. 200/100Mbps customers will be upgraded.
- If your service is activated, or is only installed after the 1st of April 2020 then the line speed will not be doubled. We will make further announcements regarding new installations.
- Your profile on our systems and invoices during the period will still indicate the original line speed.
- The upgraded speeds are delivered to your router and it’s hard-wired Ethernet ports – we cannot guarantee that you will see the upgraded speeds on your Wi-Fi devices. Wi-Fi, as a shared medium is also highly susceptible to interference from neighbours which can reduce throughput.
- Vumatel is offering the line upgrade for free, but it costs us money to carry those additional bits and bytes. The upgraded speeds are offered as “best effort” and we will not guarantee the higher speeds under any circumstances or entertain support queries around the free higher speeds.
- The speed upgrades are under Vumatel’s control, not Cool Ideas’. We therefore request that you don’t email us or call us to ask, “has it happened yet?” on the 1st of April. We will post announcements on our announcements and social media pages to keep everyone updated. There might be teething issues during the process as this is a massive undertaking.
- We reserve the right to cancel the promotion at any time should network conditions not allow us to provide an acceptable service, or under any condition we see fit.
- If your account is in arrears or, if you are not paying you will be disconnected and suspended, and not receive a free service.
The Cool Ideas Team.