Dear Cool Customer,
We are pleased to announce that we are offering you double your normal internet speed in partnership with SADV, in a bid to provide support to our fellow South Africans who will be working from and staying at home during this trying period.
How it works
From the 5th of April 2020
most line speeds will be upgraded to the next higher package, for free, in a rolling upgrade process under SADV's control
. Please check regularly at http://cisp.co.za/promotions
for updates in the announcements section towards the bottom of the page.
For example, if you are currently on a 10/10Mbps service then as of 5th April 2020 the service will automatically be upgraded to the 20/20Mbps service for a period of 2 months. If you are on 20/20Mbps then you will be upgraded to 50/50Mbps and so forth.
We believe that this will assist with the higher internet demand families face during this period when adults work from home, and the kids are busy streaming movies.
After the 31st of May 2020
the line will be switched back to your original speeds.
This has been made possible by a close partnership with SADV who have offered this facility to Cool Ideas. We have ensured that we have enough capacity to deal with the heightened demand whilst the nation is on lockdown. Our operations continue as normal, with our support staff now also working from home.
In order for the upgrade to take affect, you may need to reboot your SADV fibre unit (ONT) and Router.
Qualifying Sites and Criteria
This incentive is applicable to all active home services on the SADV network as of 1 April 2020.
All sites in Gauteng, Western Cape (Excluding Mossel Bay), Kwa-Zulu Natal, and Free State would be subject to the following upgrades:
|Current Speed||New Speed|
* This is a best effort service and speeds cannot be guaranteed
All sites in the Eastern Cape, Mossel Bay, and Rustenberg would be subject to the following upgrades:
|Current Speed||New Speed|
Some fine print
- Older routers: if you are on 100Mbps package you will be upgraded to the 200Mbps service, however your router may not be able to accommodate the additional speed due to a limitation on its WAN port. In this case, we will provide you with the option to purchase a router that is compatible with faster than 100Mbps speeds. The router will be couriered to you at a fee, and you can make the purchase from our website by following this link. Alternatively, you can make use of your own router.
- If you give notice to downgrade your service any time from 25 March 2020, you will not be offered the doubled speeds and the speed you downgraded to will apply.
- This offer applies only to existing customers. We will make further announcements regarding new installations.
- This offer applies only to FTTH (Home) customers, not business customers.
- If your service is activated, or is only installed after the 1st of April 2020 then the line speed will not be doubled. We will make further announcements regarding new installations.
- Your profile on our systems and invoices during the period will still indicate the original line speed.
- The upgraded speeds are delivered to your router and it’s hard-wired Ethernet ports – we cannot guarantee that you will see the upgraded speeds on your Wi-Fi devices. Wi-Fi, as a shared medium is also highly susceptible to interference from neighbours which can reduce throughput.
- SADV is offering the line upgrade for free, but it costs us money to carry those additional bits and bytes. The upgraded speeds are offered as “best effort” and we will not guarantee the higher speeds under any circumstances or entertain support queries around the free higher speeds.
- The speed upgrades are under SADV's control, not Cool Ideas’. We therefore request that you don’t email us or call us to ask, “has it happened yet?” on the 1st of April. We will post announcements on our announcements and social media pages to keep everyone updated. There might be teething issues during the process as this is a massive undertaking.
- We reserve the right to cancel or vary the terms of these promotions at any time should network conditions not allow us to provide an acceptable service, or under any condition we see fit, with no prior announcement to you, except for this page.
- If your account is in arrears or, if you are not paying you will be disconnected and suspended, and not receive a free service.
The Cool Ideas Team.