Dear Cool Customer,
We are pleased to announce that we are offering you double your normal internet speed -- “Powered by Openserve”, in a bid to provide support to our fellow South Africans who will be working from and staying at home during this trying period.
How it works
As of the 5th of May 2020
, certain line speeds will be upgraded to the next higher package, for free.
For example, if you are currently on a 10Mbps service then your service has been automatically upgraded to the 20Mbps service for a period of 3 months. If you are on 20Mbps then you will have been upgraded to 40Mbps and so forth. Please note 100Mbps and 200Mbps services won't be upgraded and will stay unchanged.
Package changes are as follows:
10Mbps --> 20Mbps
20Mbps --> 40Mbps
40Mbps --> 100Mbps
100Mbps --> Unchanged
200Mbps --> Unchanged
We believe that this will assist with the higher internet demand families face during this period when adults work from home, and the kids are busy streaming movies.
After the 3 month period
the line will be switched back to your original speeds.
This has been made possible by a close partnership with Openserve who have offered this facility to Cool Ideas. We have ensured that we have enough capacity to deal with the heightened demand whilst the nation is on lockdown. Our operations continue as normal, with our support staff now also working from home.
Some fine print
- This offer applies to new and existing customers.
- Only qualifying new orders received up to and including 17 July 2020 will be upgraded.
- The upgrades for the new services will revert to the original ordered speeds on 01 August 2020.
- This offer applies only to FTTH (Home) customers, not business customers.
- If you give notice to downgrade your service any time from 23 April 2020, you will not be offered the doubled speeds and the speed you downgraded to will apply.
- Your profile on our systems and invoices during the period will still indicate the original line speed.
- The upgraded speeds are delivered to your router and it’s hard-wired Ethernet ports – we cannot guarantee that you will see the upgraded speeds on your Wi-Fi devices. Wi-Fi, as a shared medium is also highly susceptible to interference from neighbours which can reduce throughput.
- Openserve is offering the line upgrade for free, but it costs us money to carry those additional bits and bytes. The upgraded speeds are offered as “best effort” and we will not guarantee the higher speeds under any circumstances or entertain support queries around the free higher speeds.
- The speed upgrades are under Openserve’s control, not Cool Ideas’. We will post announcements on our announcements and social media pages to keep everyone updated.
- We reserve the right to cancel or vary the terms of these promotions at any time should network conditions not allow us to provide an acceptable service, or under any condition we see fit, with no prior announcement to you, except for this page.
- If your account is in arrears or, if you are not paying you will be disconnected and suspended, and not receive a free service.
- Please note that the Upgrade process will be deployed in a phased approach commencing 24 April 2020 and envisaged to be completed by 10 May 2020.
- Restoration will follow a similar process, and Openserve will endeavour to ensure that your services remain on the upgraded speed for a minimum of 3 months, before restoration to the original speed
The Cool Ideas Team.