Dear Cool Customer,
We are pleased to announce that we are offering you double your normal internet speed in partnership with Frogfoot, in a bid to provide support to our fellow South Africans who will be working from and staying at home during this trying period.
How it works
From the 1st of April 2020
all line speeds will be upgraded to the next higher package, for free.
For example, if you are currently on a 20/2Mbps service then as of 1st April 2020 the service will automatically be upgraded to the 50/5Mbps service for a period of 3 months. If you are on 20/20Mbps then you will be upgraded to 50/50Mbps and so forth.
We believe that this will assist with the higher internet demand families face during this period when adults work from home, and the kids are busy streaming movies.
After the 30th of June 2020
the line will be switched back to your original speeds.
This has been made possible by a close partnership with Frogfoot who have offered this facility to Cool Ideas. We have ensured that we have enough capacity to deal with the heightened demand whilst the nation is on lockdown. Our operations continue as normal, with our support staff now also working from home.
Some fine print
- Older routers: if you are on 100Mbps package you will be upgraded to the 200Mbps service, however your router may not be able to accommodate the additional speed due to a limitation on its WAN port. In this case, we will provide you with the option to purchase a router that is compatible with faster than 100Mbps speeds. The router will be couriered to you at a fee, and you can make the purchase from our website by following this link. Alternatively, you can make use of your own router.
- This offer applies only to existing customers.
- This offer applies only to FTTH (Home) customers, not business customers.
- If you give notice to downgrade your service any time from 25 March 2020, you will not be offered the doubled speeds and the speed you downgraded to will apply.
- Your profile on our systems and invoices during the period will still indicate the original line speed.
- If your service is activated, or is only installed after the 1st of April 2020 then the line speed will not be doubled.
- The upgraded speeds are delivered to your router and it’s hard-wired Ethernet ports – we cannot guarantee that you will see the upgraded speeds on your Wi-Fi devices. Wi-Fi, as a shared medium is also highly susceptible to interference from neighbours which can reduce throughput.
- Frogfoot is offering the line upgrade for free, but it costs us money to carry those additional bits and bytes. The upgraded speeds are offered as “best effort” and we will not guarantee the higher speeds under any circumstances or entertain support queries around the free higher speeds.
- Some complexes, and areas are excluded from the free upgrade promotion due to backhaul or other logistical constraints – Blitz Fibre complexes, Century City, Clara Anna, Port Elizabeth and George. If you don’t see a speed upgrade, then your line falls in an excluded deployment.
- The speed upgrades are under Frogfoot’s control, not Cool Ideas’. We therefore request that you don’t email us or call us to ask, “has it happened yet?” on the 1st of April. We will post announcements on our announcements and social media pages to keep everyone updated. There might be teething issues during the process as this is a massive undertaking.
- We reserve the right to cancel or vary the terms of these promotions at any time should network conditions not allow us to provide an acceptable service, or under any condition we see fit, with no prior announcement to you, except for this page.
- If your account is in arrears or, if you are not paying you will be disconnected and suspended, and not receive a free service.
The Cool Ideas Team.