The Maverick by MediaBox - T’s and C’s
The promoter of the competition is Cool Ideas Service Provider (Pty) Ltd (Registration No: 2016/046103/07), whose registered office is at 1 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg (“Cool Ideas”).
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
HOW TO ENTER
- The competition is not open to:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Cool Ideas and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/or a or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
- a spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or a natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in paragraph 2 above.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU ENTER?
- The competition to win the prize starts on [31 May 2021] and ends at midnight on [ 14 June 2021] (“Competition Period”).
- To enter and qualify for a chance to win the prize, participants will need to, during the Competition Period, complete the form provided in the May/June Cool Ideas mailer, fill in their details, and answer one qualifying question thereafter submitting their response.
- Participants who comply with and satisfy the Requirements (“Eligible Participants”) will automatically be entered into the competition.
- Eligible Participants will receive only one entry in the competition.
1.The prize for wining the competition is The Maverick by MediaBox valued at R1599.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO WIN THE PRIZE
AWARDING OF THE PRIZE
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- In terms of the regulations published under the Consumer Protection Act, if an Eligible Participant wins the Prize (“Winner”), the Winner must sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the Prize, which will contain his or her full name and surname, identity number, and the date of receipt of the Prize.
- Cool Ideas may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process and will take place on [15 June 2021] (“Draw Date”). The winner will be the Eligible Participant’s entry first selected by the random computer process (“Winner”).
- Cool Ideas, acting independently, will oversee and verify the draw and the results.
- Cool Ideas will arrange for the Prize and duly inform the Winner of the Prize within 5 Business Days after the Draw Date.
- Within 15 Business Days of the Draw Date, the Prize will be delivered to the Winner.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE?
- Winners will be notified by way of an email which will be sent to the email address submitted by the Winner when he / she entered the competition.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
- Cool Ideas will attempt to contact the Winner three times within a 72 hour period with the contact details provided. Should Cool Ideas fail to contact the Winner within this period, the Winner will forfeit the prize and Cool Ideas reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions as those set out in clause 10.
- Eligible Participants may not win the Prize if it is unlawful for Cool Ideas to supply such a prize to them (“Unlawful Participants”). If an Unlawful Participant’s entry is drawn as the winning entry such an Unlawful Participant will automatically forfeit the Prize and Cool Ideas may re-draw a new winner under the same conditions as those set out in clause 10.
- If an Eligible Participant fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Cool Ideas may have, such Eligible Participant will be automatically disqualified.
- Your entry into the competition constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of these terms and conditions, and you will be bound to these terms and conditions following your entry into the competition.
- Cool Ideas and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to Cool Ideas is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and/or false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded, and you shall be prohibited from entering any further Cool Ideas competitions for a set period to be determined by Cool Ideas.
- Cool Ideas does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that:
- your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning the Prize; or
- the Prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
- Cool Ideas and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the Prize or any changes to the Prize that may be made at any time, if deemed necessary in Cool Ideas’s opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed, or exchanged for any other item.
- Cool Ideas may invite you to be present when the Winner is determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Cool Ideas and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of the Prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- Cool Ideas and our affiliates will not be responsible, nor liable, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by you as a result of or in connection with your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with these terms and conditions, and you and your partner (if applicable) hereby agree to indemnify Cool Ideas against any of the aforegoing.
- You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that:
- all of the terms and conditions will apply to you, and you will ensure that you continue to comply, therewith;
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you or any third party in the event that you suffer any loss or damage pursuant to your acceptance and/or use of the Prize; and
- any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from Cool Ideas and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies.
- Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and the Cool Ideas personal information clause contained in the general Terms and Conditions on its website.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted, and enforced in accordance with the laws in the Republic of South Africa.